Thank you for visiting CHAIN Online. This Web site is maintained as a public service to provide information on healthcare research and quality from the Centers for Education and Research on Therapeutics (CERTs).
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our Web site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
CHAIN Online is an educational, informational, and resource dissemination Web site created and operated as an outgrowth of the statutorily created collaborative Centers for Education and Research on Therapeutics program (CERTs). (See 42 USC 299b(b)) CHAIN is a collaborative project of the CERTs Educational Consortium and is guided by an editorial board. Federal officials participate in Educational Consortium and the Editorial Board which both are representative groups that include CERT scientists and pharmaceutical industry representatives; federal officials do not control either group nor the content or operation of the Web site. Baylor College of Medicine, under the terms of its CERT cooperative agreement with AHRQ, is responsible for the design, presentation, management, and administrative support of the CHAIN Online Web site as a dissemination and discussion resource for the benefit of all the CERTs and the overall CERTs program as well as for the benefit of health care providers and consumers.
Baylor College of Medicine holds the copyright for CHAIN Online as it is fixed in this medium, subject to rights the government may exercise under 42 CFR 67,21 and 45 C.F.R. § 74.36 by virtue of its funding of the cooperative agreement. You are authorized to view, copy, download, and print materials from CHAIN Online subject to the following terms, conditions, and exceptions:
- The materials are to be used solely for personal, noncommercial, informational, and educational purposes. Any use should not connote endorsement by Baylor College of Medicine, CHAIN Online, the CERTs, AHRQ, or any US governmental agency.
- The materials are not to be modified and must be distributed in the format provided with the source clearly identified.
- The copyright information or other proprietary notices may not be removed, changed, or altered.
- The site design, layout, and individual elements are not to be reproduced, copied, or redistributed except as indicated above in item number one.
- Baylor College of Medicine reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights
The authors, contributors, and editorial staff of CHAIN Online have made every effort to contact holders of copyright to obtain permission to reproduce copyrighted material. However, if any permissions have been inadvertently overlooked, Baylor College of Medicine will be pleased to make the necessary and reasonable arrangements.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on CHAIN Online should not be used as a substitute for medical evaluation, advice, and/or treatment by a qualified healthcare provider. You should not rely on any information in text files, slides, graphs or articles on this Web site to replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals to meet medical needs. If you are not a health care provider, we encourage you to consult a healthcare professional when interpreting the material offered here.
When You Are Visiting
You can always visit CHAIN Online without revealing who you are or providing any personal information about yourself. However, when you visit our site we do collect usage information ("web trends data") but it is anonymous and is not linked to you as an individual. We use the web trends data to better understand:
- how our site is navigated,
- how many pages are viewed,
- how the site is searched,
- the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors, and
- the Internet Protocol addresses from which our visitors connect to our site.
This information is used only to modify and improve the site.
When You Register
If you decide to register, we will collect whatever personal information that you voluntarily elect to share with us. We collect information that is necessary for us to provide you with email updates when new material is posted to the site and determine if we are meeting the site users' needs and reaching our target audience.